Saturday, August 11, 2007

Disblurbia



There is nothing I enjoy more than a good thriller. There is nothing I enjoy less than a poor one.

I was looking forward to a pleasant evening watching "Disturbia", newly out on DVD. I guess I should have known better. Thrillers used to be made for grownups. Now they have replaced beach movies
as the mindless and boring teen flick genre of choice.

"Disturbia" employs the gimmick of Hitchcock's classic "Rear Window". Too bad it completely misses the mark as far as style, production and charisma of its actors. Electronics are the stars of this movie. Sigh. Yawn.

No wonder I'm glued to the Turner Classic Movie channel.

Today's listening pleasure, "The Essential Billie Holiday", four and a half stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also like watching the TCM station.I'm not a follower of the westerns, or war stories, but do like the movies that are in black and white with all the light hearted comedy and love stories.
This weekend I viewed the movie "Michael" with John Travolta on the Lifetime station. Anything with JT is high on my viewer list.