Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thankgiving: the Aftermath


Canadian Thanksgiving comes early and this year our household was reduced by one third, leaving just the two of us to deal with the Big Bird.

This year’s favorite leftover meal was my adaptation of Mulligatawny Soup, which turned out fabulously well!

Mulligaturkey

2 to 3 cups chopped turkey
6 to 8 cups turkey broth
1 onion, chopped
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally
2 T butter
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 T mild curry paste (I like Sharwoods)
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup uncooked white rice
Cream or plain yogurt (optional)

Saute the veg in a large soup pot, add curry paste, broth and tomatoes, simmer for 1 hour. Add turkey , salt and pepper and rice and simmer 30 min. Swirl with cream or yogurt if desired.

Today's listening pleasure- Amanda Stoloff Quartet. "Still Life" 4 stars

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yu-UHM! That sure looks delish! I've gotta try a veg version of that. HAPPY T-DAY too. I wish you'd post more often. I just love seeing what's on the stove or countertop in your kitchen... it all looks so yummy.

Anonymous said...

PS: You are SO busted! I see that Xmas potholder on your counter... ;)

mirrorball said...

There is a perfectly good ( and true LOL) explanation for that ! I had a little accident with my usual potholders ( a hit and drip with the roasting pan) so had to haul out the seasonal accessory. Next time I'll set up today's paper next to the food item for those of you with eagle eyes :) NP!