Tuesday, December 25, 2007

What Day is it?



My family did the time warp this Christmas and had it on the 23rd. Dinner, gifts, the whole shebang on that nothing day, December 23rd.And it turned out to be sweeter than I ever expected, because today, while the rest of the world tore off wrappings and tried to pry apart the legs of a massive frozen turkey to insert stuffing, I did...nothing. Yep. Nothing. I watched hours of Christmas programming while Lyle slept between night shifts ( no annoying male moaning about my taste in music) and read many chapters of a mindless page-turner while the storm raged outside. No worries here. If the power went out we still have lots of leftovers that I would happily consume cold. I can honestly say I have never had a more pleasant 25th of December. Very Merry Two Days after the 23rd to one and all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Miz Mirrorball! Your plan sounds perfect...And I love your puppy!

Anonymous said...

Please, show us what you've been doing and cooking lately so we know you're alive and not buried underneath a snow drift up there!