Saturday, June 16, 2007

Geek Salad, always a winner



Ok, I think I'm prepared for the socializing. Want my salad recipe?

Dressing:
Whisk together

2/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (not from a bottle ya lazy lump)
2 T red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp each basil and oregano
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Drizzle over a salad of chopped tomatoes, cukes, sweet peppers. Add olives and artichoke hearts if you like them. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top and drizzle with a little more dressing. Hope you like it.

I'll let you know how the literary fun and games went when I get back. Saturday, Saturday nights all right!

Today's listening pleasure;
Manteca! the roots of Afro-Cuban Jazz, four and a half stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I thought it said "Greek salad" and was wondering why that was so special. Hooked on phonics worked for me.