Friday, June 15, 2007

Social event looming...

Tomorrow evening I will have to come out of my shell for a couple of hours and make an appearance at my writers' group spring potluck...ay caramba!

Not only do I have to make something edible but also have to produce something readable. The piece must be no longer than one typed page and somehow incorporate the phrase or refer to the theme "in various translations".

This is a game we've enjoyed for years at the potlucks- all the works go into an envelope, then after dining we each take a piece out of the envelope and read it to the group. We then write down who we think is the author of the piece. More challenging and much more fun than it may sound.

Now if I can just decide on a recipe that will not turn toxic in the summer heat on the buffet table.

Today's listening pleasure- House of Refuge by Jim Byrnes, rated five stars by this listener.

No comments: